CURRENT SEASTAR COVID-19 PROCEDURES:
We are currently operating on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Please phone us on 40416218 for assistance as we will open more days due to demand. Group bookings available for Sole Charter of vessel.
- Recording contact information: before travel, agents and/or passengers must provide their phone number, email, and home address. This is important information and must be supplied prior to travel, without providing this, passengers will be unable to board. These records are used only for the purposes of tracing COVID-19 and are stored securely.
- Check-in procedure:
- Seastar passengers will go directly to Seastar, located on E Finger in the Cairns Marlin Marina, next to the Salt House restaurant.
- Boarding commences at 7.30am and boat departs shortly after.
- Cashless payments: all bookings must be paid in full prior to travel.
- Social distancing: will be required onboard as well as at boarding and disembarking to minimise crowding. Passengers are asked to limit movement around the cabin, once seated. Particularly when travelling between sites. During current COVID restrictions, we have reduced our maximum passenger numbers in order to comply with current COVID stage restrictions. There will be signage to allow for everyone to move around the vessel, when required, safely.
- Changes to food service: There will be no self-serve food option. Morning /afternoon tea and Buffet lunch will be served individually to the customer.
- Sanitising stations: hand sanitising stations will be placed throughout the vessel and at entry points.
- Enhanced cleaning of equipment: with a focus on high contact areas, surfaces and entrance points.
- Staff training: all employees have completed the QTIC COVID 19 Safe Training Program and will follow strict personal hygiene protocols including daily pre-screening.
- Symptoms: if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you will be unable to board on the day and advised to seek medical advice and to contact our reservations team or your agent to reschedule your activity.
To ensure you can book with confidence, we are introducing further flexibility.
Customers can cancel their trip up to 24 hours prior to travel. In the event, that you need to cancel due to medical reasons (feeling unwell) or if the Government changes travel restrictions, you will be able to cancel within the 24-hour period. We have also waived rebooking fees for any booking alterations if booked directly.
In the instance that your preferred date of travel is cancelled by us, we will rebook you on the next available date we are departing at no additional cost to you. For more information on booking changes and other options email or call our reservation team.
We want to reassure you that every member of our team is committed to looking after your wellbeing when you travel.
Where to check-in and what time does the boat depart and return?
Check-in procedure. Go directly to the Seastar:
E Finger Cairns Marlin Marina – next to the Salt House restaurant.
Check-in time is 7.30am.
Seastar departs soon after
Seastar returns approx. 4pm.
Do you operate every day?
Due to the latest COVID 19 restrictions, we are operating every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. More days will be opening, please phone us on 4041 6218 for assistance.
How far in advance should I book my tour?
We advise our customers to book ahead to save disappointment. Please note that the months of June, July, and August are very popular travel periods, therefore it’s advisable to book as soon as you’ve made the decision to travel, that way your spot is secured.
Food-service and special dietary requirements:
We provide a delicious lunch including hot dishes, cold meats and salads with vegetarian options. We can cater to guests with vegan and coeliac diets. Please advise our friendly reservations staff at the time of your booking of any special dietary requirements and we will gladly assist where we can.
Please note due to COVID 19 restrictions, there are temporary changes to our food service. We have now implemented staff-controlled catering and service to minimise touchpoints for crew and passengers.
Can I use my credit card on-board?
Yes, we accept VISA and Mastercard. Amex not accepted. Due to COVID 19 restrictions, to avoid any contamination Cash will not be accepted.
How can I book?
Book online at www.seastarcruises.com.au or call us on 07 4041 6218 or Whats App +61 499 633 221
Email: [email protected]
How many people can your boat accommodate?
Seastar is surveyed to take 52 but we limit our numbers to a maximum of 36 passengers.